where has everyone gone?
badgolferman
2024-06-18 21:34:42 UTC
Is this group dead now? Where are all the backgammon positions posted
by Timothy Chow?
Timothy Chow
2024-07-08 01:34:02 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Is this group dead now? Where are all the backgammon positions posted
by Timothy Chow?
I've moved over to www.bgonline.org/forums

---
Tim Chow
MK
2024-07-15 04:39:39 UTC
Is this group dead now? Where are all the backgammon
positions posted by Timothy Chow?
Technically it's not but the value of Usenet archives
is gone or at least reduced to only a few years, after
Google discontinued its web-based interface to Usenet
and stopped archiving posts, which it had been doing
since the 1980's (or more?).

Like Tim, I'm occasionally posting in bgonline.org and
also in dailygammon.com, where I recognize a few names
from RGB. I guess times change...

MK
Timothy Chow
2024-07-30 12:06:07 UTC
Post by MK
Technically it's not but the value of Usenet archives
is gone or at least reduced to only a few years, after
Google discontinued its web-based interface to Usenet
and stopped archiving posts, which it had been doing
since the 1980's (or more?).
Google didn't exist until the late 1990s, but at some point I
think it acquired DejaNews, which had been archiving a lot of
Usenet up to that point.

---
Tim Chow