Funniest backgammon video ever
Add Reply
c***@gmail.com
2020-07-31 13:15:45 UTC

Watch right to the end, the guy really loses it......it's hilarious.
Peter
2020-07-31 14:28:00 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/549Q7h_89Zo
Watch right to the end, the guy really loses it......it's hilarious.
"You won completely on the dice" Well, yes, it's the dice that
determine everything. Does he think that some players cut decks of
cards to determine what happens? He may be unlucky but he's certainly a
bad loser.

Also, may I object to the "funniest...ever" idiom? One sees a lot of
them on the internet -- greatest guitarist ever, and so on. First
objection: how can you know? Time has not yet ended, you might see a
funnier one tomorrow. Second objection: it's a matter of taste. I
didn't find it hilarious, not even funny. I thought the commentator was
a whiner who thinks he's entitled not to have his opponent roll good dice.
c***@gmail.com
2020-07-31 17:05:40 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by c***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/549Q7h_89Zo
Watch right to the end, the guy really loses it......it's hilarious.
"You won completely on the dice" Well, yes, it's the dice that
determine everything. Does he think that some players cut decks of
cards to determine what happens? He may be unlucky but he's certainly a
bad loser.
Also, may I object to the "funniest...ever" idiom? One sees a lot of
them on the internet -- greatest guitarist ever, and so on. First
objection: how can you know? Time has not yet ended, you might see a
funnier one tomorrow. Second objection: it's a matter of taste. I
didn't find it hilarious, not even funny. I thought the commentator was
a whiner who thinks he's entitled not to have his opponent roll good dice.
Point taken - however, I would very much doubt that there are any other backgammon videos on YouTube......so my claim is, I believe, valid.

At just over 6 minutes in, the guy (in that amusing voice of his) is bragging that he is confident that he is going to win and it all goes to rat shit in a few rolls.

His angst amused me; I experience the kind of rolls he did on a daily basis when I play either GnuBG or ExtremeGammon........
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 11:10:28 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by c***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/549Q7h_89Zo
Watch right to the end, the guy really loses it......it's hilarious.
"You won completely on the dice" Well, yes, it's the dice that
determine everything. Does he think that some players cut decks of
cards to determine what happens? He may be unlucky but he's certainly a
bad loser.
Also, may I object to the "funniest...ever" idiom? One sees a lot of
them on the internet -- greatest guitarist ever, and so on. First
objection: how can you know? Time has not yet ended, you might see a
funnier one tomorrow. Second objection: it's a matter of taste. I
didn't find it hilarious, not even funny. I thought the commentator was
a whiner who thinks he's entitled not to have his opponent roll good dice.
*Ever* means up to the current moment in time. It has nothing to do with happenings in the future.

As an aside, I found this video anything but funny. Annoying voice, some of the worst backgammon advice around, a total waste of time. I fear that someone may watch it and take something form it.

Stick
Grunty
2020-08-01 14:16:08 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
and take something form it.
Stick
Stick, stick to backgammon.
Paul Epstein
2020-08-02 12:17:18 UTC
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 12:10:29 PM UTC+1, ***@gmail.com wrote:
Post by b***@gmail.com
*Ever* means up to the current moment in time. It has nothing to do with happenings in the future.

Great point.

Michael
2020-08-02 09:40:48 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/549Q7h_89Zo
Watch right to the end, the guy really loses it......it's hilarious.
Funny is not, hilarious it is, in the sense that he tried to be educational, and just presented an example of a backgame that violated basic principles of a backgame in his homeboard.