GAMMONITIS wont pay out??
Add Reply
a***@gmail.com
2007-11-30 17:18:53 UTC
Hi all,

sometime ago i made a deposit and started playing money tournaments on
gammonitisgames.com.

as of end of october tourney activity was suspended, so i requested my
balance but it remains in pending status since. wrote a first email
to support with no reply. second one to Andrew Sarjeant with no reply
either.

anyone here knows whats going on at gammonitis?? does that mean they
intend not to pay out players their money??

i just cant believe a moneygame site sponsored by a long prestigious
british bg association like gammonitis shows such a lack of
responsiveness for their players. no notice, no email, no money??

thank you in advance for any news you could provide!
Piranha
2007-12-01 03:33:34 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi all,
sometime ago i made a deposit and started playing money tournaments on
gammonitisgames.com.
as of end of october tourney activity was suspended, so i requested my
balance but it remains in pending status since. wrote a first email
to support with no reply. second one to Andrew Sarjeant with no reply
either.
anyone here knows whats going on at gammonitis?? does that mean they
intend not to pay out players their money??
i just cant believe a moneygame site sponsored by a long prestigious
british bg association like gammonitis shows such a lack of
responsiveness for their players. no notice, no email, no money??
thank you in advance for any news you could provide!
Gammonitis was dead before they even started
Not sure if my information is absolute accurate, but from what I know
they have been trying to develop their software for a LONG time
without success and they ended up with a flash application that looks
very much like a copy of Club Games
After the complete failure in real money play Club Games has
experienced, what could one expect from a copy of that junk?
a***@gmail.com
2007-12-01 09:58:18 UTC
piranha thanks for your comments.

in this case, behind the website theres Gammonitis, a recognized
organization who are currently running live events in UK! havent they
any problem with freezing their online players money?? and without any
notice?

im copying from their withdrawal page

"Here at Gammonitis Games we trust you'll play by the rules and so
will we. It's easy; if you win you will receive your money."

well i deposited some £, played by the rules then won some and now
what??

i can understand business failure. but at least they should be
refunding initial deposits as saying thanks for the games!! it wasnt
just bonus money it was MY money.

i had been invited through an email from gammonitis, attached came a
"Make your point" issue which is their official newsletter. was all
that just a hook??
HAVENT THEY A LIVE REPUTATION TO TAKE CARE OF??

ive been reading this newsgroup for awhile and know there are some
british posters here. perhaps could some of them have got a first
hand notice about this matter.

thanks again.
robadams
2007-12-01 13:22:33 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
im copying from their withdrawal page
"Here at Gammonitis Games we trust you'll play by the rules and so
will we. It's easy; if you win you will receive your money."
well i deposited some £, played by the rules then won some and now
what??
i can understand business failure. but at least they should be
refunding initial deposits as saying thanks for the games!! it wasnt
just bonus money it was MY money.
Even if it was bonus money, it's your money. Of course you are right,
if you have or had money on account there, they owe it to you. They
should have paid immediately of course, but since they didn't, they
should pay now.

And, yes, if they don't, I think their reputations should suffer as
they owe you money and aren't paying. I guess if you live in Britain
you could go to their next live event and ask for your money?

It'd be nice to hear their side of the story.
Michael Petch
2007-12-01 16:39:22 UTC
On 11/30/07 8:33 PM, in article
Post by Piranha
Gammonitis was dead before they even started
Not sure if my information is absolute accurate, but from what I know
they have been trying to develop their software for a LONG time
without success and they ended up with a flash application that looks
very much like a copy of Club Games
After the complete failure in real money play Club Games has
experienced, what could one expect from a copy of that junk?
Gammnitis.com, mahjongmania.com, and clubgames.com are all rebranded and
reskinned variants of "P2P Games" ( www.p2pgames.com ) gaming platforms.

Like many software gaming companies, they create a gaming platform and then
relicense and rebrand it for companies who wish to use their platform. Its
probably more complex because they'll customize it for a given environment
(ie, hooking the back end infrastructure up to a particular virtual Vault
etc).

Clubgames had probably the weakest gaming backend (from a gaming
perspective) of any of the money sites I have been on, and collapsed under
light user load (As people were aware I attributed it to Software/Design of
the backend not the reported Hardware Failures, Limited Resources, or
Connectivity issues).

Now all that said, I'm not sure what the payout issues are there but they
could be technical, or they could be logistic. Hard to say, but there seems
to be a trend in the online gaming industry - it's becoming more difficult
to get your money out.
a***@gmail.com
2007-12-01 18:15:02 UTC
Post by Michael Petch
Now all that said, I'm not sure what the payout issues are there but they
could be technical, or they could be logistic.
ive allowed one month now for gammonitis to return some notice about
my "pendingAdmin" withdarwal. what a selfrespected company would do
is simply emailing their customers "we are experiencing some problem
which we expect to get solved soon" or posting that on their homepage.

but now i see Andrew Sarjeant (whom i sent my 2nd email no reply so
far) is codirecting the wsob tourney in London. hopefully when its
over he will get back to us dissapointed gammonitis online players and
settle our accounts? all it takes is a minuscle part of the revenues
from such a huge tourney.

i wouldnt say this is a software or tech or logistic issue becuase
when i made my deposit everything went so smooth!
Back to Gammon
Michael Petch
2007-12-03 16:34:24 UTC
Enron use to be a trusted company too.
Michael Crane
2007-12-04 09:03:31 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
british bg association like gammonitis shows such a lack of
responsiveness for their players. "
Long prestigious? Five years isn't long. The British Isles Backgammon
Association has been in business since 1989 and I have been running
backgammon events since the mid-80s.

Michael Crane
Biba Director
GammonitisGames
2007-12-04 11:55:13 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi all,
sometime ago i made a deposit and started playing money tournaments on
gammonitisgames.com.
as of end of october tourney activity was suspended, so i requested my
balance but it remains in pending status since. wrote a first email
to support with no reply. second one to Andrew Sarjeant with no reply
either.
anyone here knows whats going on at gammonitis?? does that mean they
intend not to pay out players their money??
i just cant believe a moneygame site sponsored by a long prestigious
british bg association like gammonitis shows such a lack of
responsiveness for their players. no notice, no email, no money??
thank you in advance for any news you could provide!
Hello Everyone,

Firstly, my apologies to anyone that feels that they have been
abandoned communications wise. That has never been our intention.

Secondly, after reading through this chain, I would like to thank
players for there valuable feedback in outlining concerns that they
have with Gammonitis Games; I will try to address all these issues.

I can fully appreciate player's concerns about the security of their
funds. At this time Gammonitis Games is currently going through a re-
organisational phase due to technical issues with our PayPal system
and an attempted fraud from a group of players based in Turkey.

However, despite this difficult transition period, as a man of
integrity I can assure players that ALL customer deposits will be
honoured and refunded.

Whilst I totally understand any customer frustration that there maybe
due to delays in the process, those players that know me personally
will appreciate that I am working as hard as I can to rectify the
situation as quickly as possible, and I can would like to thank
customers for their patience and understanding during this period.

Moving to points raised about the software. Yes, the User Interface
for the software is that from Club Games, we purchased it under
licence from the original developers; after all it is a very pretty
interface. However, that is where the similarities with the Club Games
site, as it was identified that there were a number of major issues
with stability, and scalability of that system.

The Backend of our platform is entirely separate and has significantly
more infrastructure and functionality in place, such as the game match
analysis and player statistics. Yes, it has taken significant time to
develop, and based on our own refinements and player feedback is still
a work in progress. However, I would like to think that we have
thought a lot about what players want to see a program, and have
incorporated many player orientated features that are not available on
other platforms.

With regard to reputation, I am fully aware that conjecture about both
my personal integrity and the reputation of Gammonitis will have a
negative effect on our aims of providing a professional service to our
customers during this difficult period.

Although it is gladdening to read that some players within the
Backgammon community do see the wider picture of what Gammonitis has
tried to achieve, by taking Backgammon to the next level, and do
regard Gammonitis as a professional organisation despite our
relatively short history.

It has always been our passion to promote the awareness of Backgammon
and more importantly show the world that British players do have
something to offer in the international arena.

We are therefore very proud of our involvement with the WSOB and the
recent UK Masters tournament. British Backgammon is back on the scene,
big style...!!

With British players enjoying major success by Winning the Main Event
and the Consulting Double Event, plus Consolation finalist.

In conclusion I would like to thank players for their patience and
understanding whilst these re-organisational issues are being
resolved.

Andrew Sarjeant,
Director, Gammonitis Games
a***@gmail.com
2007-12-04 15:19:48 UTC
Post by GammonitisGames
I can fully appreciate player's concerns about the security of their
funds.
then why not returning any word of it to those who patiently
inquiried. i sent you two emails over a period of one month, first to
support second escalated to yourself, and no reply received from
either. i allowed one month before deciding to post my inquiry on a
public forum, aware of this being an extreme (and unpolite) measure,
and only then i hear a word from you.
Post by GammonitisGames
At this time Gammonitis Games is currently going through a re-
organisational phase due to technical issues with our PayPal system
so far all i can say is your cash system was apparantly designed to
process only deposits not so withdrawls. my withdrawl is still
pendingAdmin for a month now. anyway, whilst your automated paypal
system have such a problem, you could still manually send the amount
to the players paypal account couldnt you?
Post by GammonitisGames
and an attempted fraud from a group of players based in Turkey.
sorry to hear and wish you best of success on that issue, but thats a
criminal issue about which you should YES keep silent. but i dont
want to digress from MY issue --my pending withdrawal.
Post by GammonitisGames
However, despite this difficult transition period, as a man of
integrity I can assure players that ALL customer deposits will be
honoured and refunded.
long awaited and appreciated declaration, but id like to make clear
that not only customer deposits but also any winnings earned by them
must be honoured. as your withdrawal page states:

"Here at Gammonitis Games we trust you'll play by the rules and so
will we. It's easy; if you win you will receive your money."

i played by the rules so please manage to have my withdrawal get to my
pp account. as told before, if your system has problems please make a
manual pp transfer.
Post by GammonitisGames
Whilst I totally understand any customer frustration that there maybe
due to delays in the process, those players that know me personally
will appreciate that I am working as hard as I can to rectify the
situation as quickly as possible, and I can would like to thank
customers for their patience and understanding during this period.
i have no doubt if i knew you personally id have been fully satisfied
so to speak from your own wallet and by your own good will. but its
not the case, so i can only expect you to send my money asap and say
thanks for playing.
Post by GammonitisGames
Moving to points raised about the software.
i snip this bc its off this threads topic.
Post by GammonitisGames
With regard to reputation, I am fully aware that conjecture about both
my personal integrity and the reputation of Gammonitis will have a
negative effect on our aims of providing a professional service to our
customers during this difficult period.
No need to conjectures, no need to hurt reputations, but no need to
delays either. youve been told how you could manually settle this
issue at your customers satisfaction.
Post by GammonitisGames
Although it is gladdening to read that some players within the
Backgammon community do see the wider picture of what Gammonitis has
tried to achieve, by taking Backgammon to the next level, and do
regard Gammonitis as a professional organisation
as for today "some players within the Backgammon community do see"
that gammonitis failed to pay out their customers in fair time.
thats why you should take special care of these "little" issues since
they can give the public a wrong "wider picture of gammonitis as a
Post by GammonitisGames
In conclusion I would like to thank players for their patience and
understanding whilst these re-organisational issues are being
resolved.
your welcome Andrew. i know you will find and dispose the means to
get my withdrawl to my pp account.
Post by GammonitisGames
Andrew Sarjeant,
Director, Gammonitis Games
askette,
Player by the rules, Gammonitis Games
m***@lycos.com
2007-12-04 22:28:37 UTC
Andrew:

Have you ever heard of "getting out ahead of an issue?" It doesn't
make sense to wait for a problem you know is going to eventually occur
to in fact happen, then try to generate excuses that will likely just
make people like myself suspicious of ever playing on your site, does
it? I'm still looking for a site that will work for players like
myself, but none yet exists. What do I want?

1. Being able to play for uneven stakes (if I win, I get $10, if my
opponent wins, he/she gets $11, for example).

2. A bulletin board where players can post a day/time and match
format, and others can agree to it if they like, and then it is "set
in stone."

3. No ratings, or two sections, one with ratings and one without.

4. A general chat on the main window.

5. A notes feature so that I can keep track of the playing styles of
my opponents.

I'd also like to see a bonus money freeroll tournament now and then,
at different times of the day (so that everyone gets a chance to win
some), but not at the expense of low rakes, which is the main issue
for "serious" players.

Of course, none of this matters if we can't trust you with our money.
Why not "get your act together" first, find out what players want and
get yourself financially stable, then go forward with your site?
m***@gmail.com
2020-07-27 08:22:32 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi all,
sometime ago i made a deposit and started playing money tournaments on
gammonitisgames.com.
as of end of october tourney activity was suspended, so i requested my
balance but it remains in pending status since. wrote a first email
to support with no reply. second one to Andrew Sarjeant with no reply
either.
anyone here knows whats going on at gammonitis?? does that mean they
intend not to pay out players their money??
i just cant believe a moneygame site sponsored by a long prestigious
british bg association like gammonitis shows such a lack of
responsiveness for their players. no notice, no email, no money??
thank you in advance for any news you could provide!
Processing Available Pending Account