No analyse function in GNUBG?
Warwick Barnes
2016-10-19 07:36:07 UTC
Hi
Just downloaded gnubg and the analysis function has disappeared. Anyone tell me what's up with that please?
m***@gmail.com
2016-10-19 08:12:17 UTC
You can always use a previous version. I had problems as well with the latest version(s) so I switched back to 1.04.000-mingw 20141021
mpetch
2016-10-22 22:02:31 UTC
What do you mean the analysis function disappeared?
BlueDice
2016-10-23 08:14:49 UTC
Post by mpetch
Post by Warwick Barnes
Hi
Just downloaded gnubg and the analysis function has disappeared. Anyone tell me what's up with that please?
What do you mean the analysis function disappeared?
MP
As a side note, I found that the text export on v 1.05 did not work properly (Win 10). I reverted to v1.04 and all is well again
BD
Philippe Michel
2016-11-01 16:07:27 UTC
Post by BlueDice
As a side note, I found that the text export on v 1.05 did not work
properly (Win 10). I reverted to v1.04 and all is well again
As far as I can see, the only difference in text exports between 1.04
and 1.05 is that the latter uses "unix style" endlines when the former
used "ms-dos style" ones.

If your text exports look like one long line this is the issue, but I
think it would happen only when opening the files with (the very
limited) notepad. Any decent text editor should read the 1.05 files
correctly ; Windows' wordpad or freeware alternatives like notepad++
certainly do.
BlueDice
2016-11-01 17:21:54 UTC
Post by Philippe Michel
Post by BlueDice
As a side note, I found that the text export on v 1.05 did not work
properly (Win 10). I reverted to v1.04 and all is well again
As far as I can see, the only difference in text exports between 1.04
and 1.05 is that the latter uses "unix style" endlines when the former
used "ms-dos style" ones.
If your text exports look like one long line this is the issue, but I
think it would happen only when opening the files with (the very
limited) notepad. Any decent text editor should read the 1.05 files
correctly ; Windows' wordpad or freeware alternatives like notepad++
certainly do.
Thanks Philippe,
Yes, I was using notepad. I will change my default text editor to Wordpad and try again

Appreciated
--
BD